Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

With an account at RBC, I'm assuming you are referring to the short position on the TSX--AUM. The short ratio on the Amex listed AUMN is approx. 9.6%; calculated by 3.64 million "official" short divided by approx. 38 million shares. Of course, we're pretty sure that Sentient with their 20% position (nearly 8 million shares) would not injure themselves by lending out their stock. So, if we deducted that position from the total amount it leaves us with 30 million shares. Thus, excluding Sentient's position, the short ratio is approx. 12%.

What I cannot figure out is why Sentient doesn't counteract this blatant short suppression by buying additional shares in the open market and forcing the enemy to cover? As an insider, I'm sure they would have to file and abide by market regulations. But, with deep pockets, they have the firepower to reverse this ridiculous pressure, but where is their "will?"

Silverbull50

Jun 15, 2012 11:58AM
Jun 15, 2012 02:45PM
Jun 15, 2012 03:46PM
Jun 15, 2012 04:54PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply