Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

For what it's worth (TA seems to carry less weight with crazed induced algorithms jumping on any news headline), I went back and looked at a 3 year chart of AUMN. Only 3 times in the past 3 years has the RSI (Relative Strength Index) been considerably below 30 (30 being oversold, and 70 being overbought). In July 2011, the stock dropped from $17+ to $11.20 ish. In September of 2011, the stock dropped from @ $12 to $6+. And then in May 2012, the stock dropped from $7.60ish to $3.25. In each of those instances, the stock had a quick rebound (all within 1-2 months), that increased in percentage with each takedown. In may 2011, the stock (from its low) rebounded some 29%. In September of 2011, roughly 50%, and last May, almost 85%. If this pattern holds, we could get a pretty severe snap back rally. The second observation I noticed was when I went to look at the option volume. I saw that the open interest (options that institutions/individuals presently hold) in the April 5 calls is a whopping 17,800!!! Someone is betting that there will be some sort of rebound in this stock before April expiration. I'm just trying to present some sort of positive perspective amongst the thickening doom and gloom.......

New Message
Please login to post a reply