Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: An increasing 4.74 million short position at $2.50 is...

...IGNORANT to any logical, rational mind who follows this company and industry. Thus, we must recall the article by John Kaiser (whom I also spoke with) in which he claims that the suppressive algo/HFT trades ignore fundamentals and conduct computerized trades based on "volatility and capital flows," and "intercept money moving into the stock from fundamental investors."

A couple of weeks ago, I spoke several times with CEO, Jeff Clevenger about this phenomenon and suggested he contact every insitutional shareholder of AUMN, discuss Kaiser's findings, and suggest they place large bids in the stock to offset the suppression and protect their positions.

Disappointingly, I was unable to get to first base with JC because like many other mining CEO's who are "long" on engineering but ignorantly "short" on market savvy, he was unconvinced that his stock was manipulated in the fashion described by Kaiser.

Frustratedly, I told him that, "AUMN is down 88% since the 'merger made in heaven' due to either manipulation or poor management---take your pick!"

Prior to any major upward breakout in gold/silver, there are 2 risks the shorts face at this extremely low price. The first is a sudden announcement of AUMN being acquired (by FR, GPR, EDR, or any other established producer in Mex.) at a sharply higher price. The second is the establishment of a very large GTC bid in an amount near 5 million shares.

5 million shares X $2.50/sh. is $12.5 million--an affordable drop in the bucket for most institutions. Merely placing a GTC order, whether you even intended or expected to acquire that much stock, would turn those computer programs upside down and force them to begin to cover their shorts. And, of course there is no way they could legally short that many more shares because it would be impossible to borrow that much stock.

This is the way to beat the B_stards at their own game. Jerry Danni used to tell me over and over how AUMN management was going to "squeeze the shorts." Wow, talk is truly cheap, Jerry!

So JC, are you going to be pro-active and do something about these suppressive efforts, or maintain status quo and ignore the fiduciary responsibility and obligations to your long-standing, loyal, yet frustrated shareholders?

Silverbull50

New Message
Please login to post a reply