Welcome To The Goldnev Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Goldnev Resources Inc. is a public energy company focused on conventional and unconventional oil and gas production, with active projects located in British Columbia, oil shale exploration program in Saskatchewan, and oil and gas production in Alberta.

Free

Alternative Energy Choices

posted on Aug 25, 2008 05:46PM

Let it be understood that I am not an expert in American environmental politics when it comes to energy sourcing, but it seems quite evident to me that there is a significant negative opinion in the U.S. in regards to offshore drilling, whether it be in the Gulf, Eastcoast, Westcoast, and Alaska for sure. It is also true that in the case of oil shale resources. that GNZ has plenty of, opposition to its mining is fairly prominent in the various states involved but maybe has not yet registered in the national mindset.

I am thinking that if ever the U.S. government ever decides to either end or prolong the moritorium on offshore drilling within its borders, what alternative do they have to attain energy self-sufficiency? Coal? Nuclear Energy? Maybe, but both are problematic. I think if they ever make a firm, national policy decision in favour of developing its oil shale resources, then the sky would be the limit for their domestic producers and also friendly producers close by in Saskatchewan!!

I realize that I am taking the very long view for GNZ in this message. Hey, one can dream, ok? I also know, with a change in presidency, whether it be Republican or Democrat, it is entirely possible that change can come with a speed that will shock people. Strong leadership can accomplish that.

Any comments?

New Message
Please login to post a reply