Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Hi guys,

It's not hydrolysis; they're producing H2 by electrolysis of water. Which means the H2O molecule is being dissociated into a H2 and an O atom. 

You're absolutely right, the laws of thermodynamics and chemistry, are inviolate; there has to be an energy source required to break up the H2O bond. That energy source has to be electric, probably a battery. If it is a battery it'll have to be recharged periodically. I'm guessing it is at least a 12V battery. As the H2 plant is scaled up so will the battery bank. The greater the battery bank the more electrcity that will be required to recharge it. I dont see how this can be done for <$1/Kg, but that will be one of the things the validators will be checking, I guess. 

The video also shows water circulating, so that means there is a pump. And pumps will use up electricity too.

Fresh water is not conductive, so they have to be adding a salt and a catalyst to it in order to make it so.

I'm very puzzled by this process - it seems almost too good to be true. And as we all know, if something is too good to be true it generally is too good to be true.

Time will tell, I suppose. Hope it works.

BRgds

A-G

New Message
Please login to post a reply