Welcome To The Inspiration Mining HUB On AGORACOM

The company is exploring for nickel deposits on its Langmuir property near Timmins, Ontario; for nickel-gold-copper on its Cleaver and Douglas properties; and for molybdenum and rare earth elements at recently acquired Desrosiers property.

Free

May 16 2008..........

18 months and counting, we know the Met study is done, we all got to read Kian Jenson's technical report (43-101) 5 weeks back, We see Clarus now in the fold and we await the other show to drop? 20 months? 24 months? Can't be too far away now?

May 16, 2008 - 7:39 AM EDT
Micon International Commissioned for NI 43-101 Report

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 16, 2008) - Inspiration Mining Corp. (the "Corporation") (TSX:ISM)(FRANKFURT:OI8) is pleased to announce it has commissioned Micon International of Toronto, Ontario, Canada to prepare a mineral resource estimate, a preliminary economic assessment (commonly referred to as a scoping study) and technical report on its Langmuir property. It is anticipated that the project will be undertaken in the following phases:

Phase I - Mineral resource estimates for Langmuir No. 1 in preparation of a bulk sample and mineral resource estimates for Langmuir No. 2. The mineral resource estimate will include Trend Analysis, Cut-Off Grade Estimates, Compositing, Bulk Density Review, Block Model Construction and Validation, and Open Pit Optimization for Langmuir No. 2.

Phase II - Preliminary economic assessments examining the potential economic viability of each zone of mineralization. This assessment will contemplate excavation of the mineralization at the Langmuir No.1 deposit by means of underground mining methods, and the excavation of the mineralization at the Langmuir No. 2 deposit by means of open pit mining methods. The results of the mineral resource estimates and preliminary economic assessment will be compiled in compliance with National Instrument 43-101.

Since 1959, the presence of nickel mineralization at the Langmuir property has been known with a small amount of production from the Langmuir No. 1 mine during the 1970-1978 period and again briefly during 1990-1991 using underground mining methods. Since 2005, Inspiration Mining has conducted an exploration and in-fill drilling program designed to identify the extension of the mineralization from the past producing zones at the Langmuir No. 1 deposit. At Langmuir No. 2, the Company has focused on the wide zones of mineralization extending from the past producing mine that may be exploited by means of open pit mining methods.

The mineralization at the Langmuir property is believed to be an example of a komatiite-hosted nickel deposit, similar to that found at the Raglan mine in northern Quebec, and in the Kambalda region of Western Australia. In these types of deposits, nickel mineralization can occur as small, but high grade, pods of massive sulphides that are situated in the keels of volcanic flows of ultramafic composition, and as disseminated and net-textured deposits that have lower grades, but are of larger sizes. Several occurrences of nickel mineralization have been outlined by Inspiration Mining, including the Langmuir No. 1 and the Langmuir No. 2 North and South Zones.

"We have taken a significant step towards the development of our project with today's announcement," said Randy Miller, President and CEO of Inspiration Mining. "We will continue to expand the scope of the program based off the results we have achieved and look forward to working with Micon International on this phase of the project."

Since 1988, Micon International Limited has provided consulting services to the international mining industry with particular focus upon mineral resource estimations, metallurgical services, mine design and production scheduling, preparation of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, independent reviews of mining and mineral properties, project monitoring, independent engineer roles, financial analysis and litigation support. Micon has extensive experience with sulphide nickel deposits working on projects from Sudbury, Ontario to the Norilsk mine site in Russia.

Micon's clients include mining and mineral exploration companies, financial institutions and government agencies from around the world. A particular expertise has been developed in the economic evaluation of mining properties, including studies in support of debt and equity financing. Micon's professional staff has the experience, education and professional credentials to act as Qualified Persons and/or Competent Persons, as required by world-wide regulatory agencies.

New Message
Please login to post a reply