Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

chat with Chris Meraw of KWG

posted on Apr 01, 2010 08:01PM

Hi all,

I have been away for a few weeks and while keeping up with the markets, have not been able to post. Since today was the first day for KWG to take the operator reins from SPQ I had a few questions to ask so I phoned Bruce Hodgman's office (communication's director) and found myself speaking to Chris Meraw who works with Bruce. He was delightful to speak with and extremely enthusiastic about his job and his company. The few minutes I was going to spend chatting turned into 20 minutes and I had to run to an appointment so I jotted what I could and will try to recall other details. Chris knew I would post re our chat so I hope I don't get anything 'twisted' My apologies Chris if I post something that is not exactly the way you said it Chris.

I asked if the geologists from both companies 'shared' information and he assured me they have different ways of looking at things but were all after the main goal and, yes, shared information.

Would they now start looking for nickel or continue to define BD. He said there was lots of nickel in the world and the first mine in the RoF would be chromite, so they were still going to define that resource. The railway will go in for one reason only and, again, that is for the chromite. Of course, it will eventually be used to ship out other ore but was being built because of the valuable chromite.

the end of April or early MAy we will have our 43-101 and he was quite excited because of the extemely high grades of ore that are being included. He laughed when I reminded him of what was said on BNN yesterday alluding to getting 'bragging rights' .He said you noticed how that was 'slipped in??'

Within a few months a 'letter of intent' will be signed with all mining companies and, I believe, the government and FN. This will provide a framework for how the area will be developed to include all the parties involved.

As far as the spin off of DD it will come but it sounded like not until an offer is made for KWG(I may have this part wrong) but, for sure, it will not be part of the sale of KWG if and when that event takes place. Any shares owned of kWG at that time will included in how many shares of DD each shareholder will receive. Also CC could be spun of but probably not. If it isn't it will add to the price paid for KWG and it could add considerably to the value of the company.

He said CLF has been advised by one analyst not to focus on coal, which is another division of their company, but to concentrate more on chromite as that will give much more value to their company than the coal, so you can see how important this project is for them.

As far as which company SPQ or KWG will be bought out first, he said you could make a point for either one going first but he could not comment other than to agree enthusiastically with me when I said 'it would be nice to see a 'bidding war' for the two.'

That's pretty much it other than to repeat he was very bullish about KWG and when I reminded him that a couple of directors bought heavily into the private placement at 12.5cents he said 'that should tell you something'. Indeed it does!!

Thanks for taking the time Chris.

Shaquille

New Message
Please login to post a reply