Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

"Meeting Location: Montreal Qc"

I'm quite sure that KWG will soon reorganize its corporate structure, so that the head office can be set outside of Quebec. It's already begun, though, KWG has been transformed into a Holding corproatio, its only assets now being shares in two subsidiaries, Canada Chrome Corproation, and Debut Diamond Inc. Maybe they are waiting for the new Quebec Corporations Act to enter into force, somewhere within the next year or so.

The new QCA dispositions will now allow a change of jurisdiction when the import is permitted by the target jurisdiction legislation. Canada Business Corporations Act (federal) does permit such import from a provincial Corp. Unlike provincial corporations, a CBCA Corp. can establish its head office anywhere in Canada. A provincial Corp. ought to sit in the province of birth.

Canada Chrome is, by the way, federal, and has its head office in Toronto. Debut Diamond is a provincial (Ontario) corporation, and has also its head office in Toronto. CCC can move to Montreal (or Vancouver, or Calgary...). DDI has to stay forever in Ontario.

KWG is a Quebec corporation and has to its head office in Montreal. Weird as it is. When a new corproation is created inside a Group, some criterias are looked at before choosing the jurisdiction (like the canadian proportion for the Board, etc...), but one usually tries to keep the same jurisdiction for all the corporations inside the Group. However, it happens that the "Incorporator" could have in mind a future possible transaction: if a sale or merge is intended with another corporation, sharing the same jurisdiction with the pretender will facilitate the process...

I know I already wrote about these corporate law concepts, but I feel that new readers may benefit from the info.

GLTA.

BaBe.

New Message
Please login to post a reply