Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

Below is an official NR from the MNDM. I've read a few articles about direct investment in mining companies in Quebec, and have wondered (and asked on this forum) why Ontario isn't doing the same thing in the RoF. Untill now I haven't seen any evidence that Ontario has such a programme in place - but apparently they do!

Recently I posted on the NOT and ZEN forums, that the Albany deposit is actually located near Constance Lake FN, which is one of the communities that are a part of the Matawa Tribal Council, and as such the IBA that ZEN will eventually make will be covered by the Regional Agreement that the Provincial Government is currently negotiating with the Matawa.

So if the Provincial Government can invest in a rare graphite deposit to support job creation and so on, why shouldn't they invest in KWG who has applied for a patent regarding their unique gas fired smelting process that could potentially make chromite mining competitive on world market terms, thus potentially create thousands of high paying jobs in Ontario!!!

KWG is the truely visionary exploration company in the RoF. They are finding it impossible to raise money to continue moving forward. So why doesn't the Provincial Government support them???

A similar $500,000 grant would mean a lot to KWG right now, and if I were a Canadian I would be writing to MNDM asking about that. IMHO we KWG investors need, and deserve, a break far more than other companies.

GLTA KWG longs

DRA

Ontario Supports Testing for Rare Form of Graphite

Supporting Mineral Exploration in Northern Ontario

Ontario is investing in a pilot project that will help Zenyatta Ventures, a Thunder Bay-based junior exploration company, test samples from its Albany deposit for a rare form of graphite. The results could lead to the development of a mine in Northeastern Ontario.

With $500,000 in support from the province's Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC), Zenyatta Ventures is hiring a laboratory to test the samples taken from their graphite deposit located near the communities of Constance Lake First Nation and the Town of Hearst.

The company discovered a deposit of hydrothermal graphite, which is used to manufacture lithium-ion batteries and batteries for electric cars. The pilot project will help determine if there is enough high-purity graphite to be mined on a large scale.

Investing in the minerals sector is part of the government's economic plan for Ontario. The four‑part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people's talents and skills, building new public infrastructure like roads and transit, creating a dynamic, supportive environment where business thrives and building a secure savings plan so everyone can afford to retire.

Quick Facts

• Since 2003, the NOHFC has invested almost $1 billion in 6,570 projects in Northern Ontario, creating or sustaining more than 25,100 jobs.
  • In the Thunder Bay region, the NOHFC has invested $155 million in 1,311 projects, creating or sustaining more than 5,070 jobs, since 2003.
  • The NOHFC’s investments in economic development are an important part of the Ontario government’s Growth Plan for Northern Ontario.

Additional Resources

Quotes

“Our government is committed to strengthening the province’s mines and minerals sector and growing Northern Ontario’s economy. Should this project demonstrate that the graphite deposit is commercially viable, it could lead to significant job creation in the region.”

Michael Gravelle

Minister of Northern Development and Mines and Chair of the NOHFC

“Zenyatta is delighted to receive the financial support from the Ontario government to help advance an innovative process to purify the Albany graphite. The outlook for the global graphite market is very promising with demand growing rapidly from new applications. Graphite is now considered one of the more strategic elements by many leading industrial nations, particularly for its growing importance in high technology manufacturing and in the emerging "green" industries such as electric vehicle components. The Company is very grateful to MNDM and NOHFC for their acknowledgement of a unique graphite deposit in Northern Ontario that could potentially benefit all Ontario stakeholders.”

Aubrey Eveleigh

President & CEO, Zenyatta Ventures Ltd.

New Message
Please login to post a reply