Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

Mar 19, 2012 06:12PM

Mar 19, 2012 09:37PM

Well, it seems gold and silver have steadied some here, although no one can accurately predict short-term movements in either.

That having been said, we're still comfortably above the dollar figures per ounce that Kimber has used in prefeasibility studies, so I'm comfortable this stock still works.

Even so, KBX is also subject to the vagaries of valuation. So, I have continued to buy as its price has declined. Even had a .93 limit order hit for .90 on one early trading day tank job.

I monitor a lot of investing sites, message boards, and other media and I see some extremely negative sentiment on gold and silver, but moreso on the underlying mining stocks -- juniors right up through the biggest producers. Even long-time gold and silver adherents are throwing in the towel, as in the bull is dead in their minds. It strikes me as a good time to buy when sentiment stinks, just as it usually works to sell when the optimism is rampant.

To sum up: Based on past price action of Kimber, on widespread poor sentiment in the mining sector, and on the fact that Kimber seems viable as an honest-to-God mining operation, I think this is prime buying territory. Can it go lower? Of course it can. It has in the not-too-distant past. But I've never been good at identifying absolute bottoms, or tops, so instead I try to capture the 60 percent of so one can harvest without getting the timing dead-on right.

I'll admit to having a mining portfolio that sports a huge loser in Evolving Gold, and other, lesser outbreaks of red numbers -- including my current Kimber position. So, the present, as well as recent weeks/months haven't been pleasant. I expect to have a happier report in, say, three to six months, or at the outside, nine months.

Eventually, mining stocks should catch up with the metals, which even if the bullion slips some from here, should see the stocks higher.

New Message
Please login to post a reply