Ni, Co, Cu, PGM, Au Properties in Ontario Canada

Producing Mines and "state-of-the-art" Mill

Free

Wanderer - "earning" hub leader status versus "appointment"

in response to by
posted on Jun 01, 2008 11:06AM

Wanderer,

A few times now you have mentioned others "earning" their hub leader status while you have merely been "appointed." I think this idea of you being somehow less deserving of your status than any other hub leader is invalid.

Any of us can become hubleaders by virtue of meeting a required number of posts and a quality indicator. That is a numbers game only, and in my mind is more a measure of how much time someone has available to sit at a computer and type messages than anything else (although I do recognize the rating factor as an important criteria as well).

The fact that you were asked to be a hub leader before you met the posting requirement is testament to the extraordinary quality of your posts and the positive influence you have in this community. The way I see it, the folks at Agoracom noticed you and decided there was no need to wait until you hit the arbitrarily chosen 100 posting mark, and that this forum would benefit by you being graduated early (like skipping a grade in school).

So, no need to be self-deprecating. I think YOU earned your status more than anyone who just met the numbers.

Disclaimer: This is not meant as a reflection on anyone else in this hub or any other hub, so if you are feeling defensive, insulted or slighted, try to reign it in. I really don't have the time or inclination to post things in order to attack people.

Cheers,

Bluenoser

New Message
Please login to post a reply