Free

Hi, John.  About that history of Tesla low balling contracts... very true... but is in a historical context and goes back to when their Gigafactory was the only Gigafactory anywhere.  Those days are gone.  Tesla has competition, a ton of competition, for available lithium carbonate/lithium hydroxide supplies.  Elon missed his opportunity.  He was dealing with Junior Lithium Mining companies that pinned their very survival, not just their potential for success, to joining with a big company in order to finance their efforts at developing a lithium resource.

LAC is not in that desperate situation.  The buyers will have to come to LAC, especially any domestic buyers... and I say "buyers" because in the scramble for less expensive sources of lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide Tesla will be just one of many.  Another factor to consider, since there are a myriad of potential lithium domestic suppliers all over the U.S. now, not just the scads of Juniors hovering down in Esmeralda County, Nevada adjacent to the Silver Peak Mine, is the fact that the COVID-19 effect on our economy is going to plow under the weaker Juniors in a "Survival of the Fittest" scenario.  Most of those Juniors exist on a shoe string budget and a prayer and the pull back in the economy means that their hoped for "Knight on a White Horse" ( pun intended re: "White Gold" ) is not going to show up and rescue them.  They will either go into deep hibernation or they will disappear back into the Nevada desert or California desert or Arkansas hills.  LAC is in a far better economic position to weather the storm, although it will set the calendar back a bit, hopefully only a few months. 

JMO  Thanks JD, for posting.  We need more contributors here!  Still looking to hear from Al and I sincerely hope Kathryn jumps back in soon.  Pavel, speak up!  It is your  message board.

New Message
Please login to post a reply