Free
Message: A Gernan company, BOS AG, has come up with an interesting way to extend the life of Lead Acid Batteries... by adding Lithium batteries!

Re: A Gernan company, BOS AG, has come up with an interesting way to extend the life of Lead Acid Batteries... by adding Lithium batteries!

posted on Jun 10, 2020 03:52PM

John, did you catch that claim by BOS AG that their lithium batteries work in cold climates "without any energy loss"???   I find that very difficult to believe and the cold weather loss is one of the primary criticisms of Lithium Ion Batteries.... SO... if BOS AG trulyl has found a way to at least significantly decrase energy loss of Lithium Ion Batteries in very cold weather then that is terrific.  I would like to know more about it.. since I don't think any other manufacturer of Lithium Ion Batteries is making that claim.   "Inquiring Readers Want to Know!!"

Low temperature resitance. Works with any climate

All LE modules have an integrated heater, so the lithium batteries are protected against cold temperatures and perform without any energy losses. So installing LE in Alps or Himalaya is not at all an issue!

OK, so it is the "integrated heater", eh.  I wonder how much that adds to the cost of the battery and how much room it takes up.. etc.  They sure don't give any details about that "integrated heater".  The last statement about: "installing LE in ALps or Himalaya is not at all an issue!" would have special meaning for BEV owners in Europe and in the US ( Think Alaska and Montana and Chicago ) who would never consider buying a BEV because of the decrease in range that comes on "Cold Days" in places where a "Cold Day" is when the temperature is below 0 degrees F.  Hmmm... and integrate heater.  I want to know more about it!

New Message
Please login to post a reply