Free

Obviously, Cal, I agree with trimming some profit in 2023.  I would like to make some profit from LAC while I am still "vertical".  It has been a long, long, long wait with LAC.  On the other hand, that is exactly what happens so often when anyone invests in a "developing" company vs a company alredy in production.  We all knew that when we initially bought LAC stock, but did anyone think it would take this long?  Truthfully, I never envisioned more than a decade of waiting for my investment to pay off when I first bought Western Lithium stock so many years ago.  At that time I was totally focused on the Cauchari-Olaroz mine and on the fact that at that time, or shortly thereafter, they had some sort of a deal with a company not that had a facility not far away in Argentina that had a new process for turning lithium brine into LCE... within a day or two vs the 12 to 18 months required for solar evaporation of brine pools.  I have forgotten the name of that processing company after all these years, but there are other companies that have made the same claim.  Mozelle Technologies, a private company, is one that comes to mind as one of the current companies making a similar claim.   

I think that the only people really making money on LAC right now are the "Traders" who buy on a Dip and Sell on a Peak.. or at least try to achieve that goal.  LAC investors have to have the patience of Jobe.  That being said the end of that wait seems to be in sight... just not close enough to touch it quite yet. 

Speaking for myself, the success of my long, long, long term investment now has shifted from "the Lithium Triangle" all the way North to Humboldt County, Nevada.  So my original investment in a company "in development" all those years ago is now in a company with a different name that is still..... "in development". 

So what is the difference?   The difference is that Thacker Pass has not only vastly greater Lithium reserves, but the political situation is better and the transportation to market is better and the altitude of the mining operation is less extreme ( not at 14,000 feet elevation as is Cauchari-Olaroz ) and the expected processing time is one day from clay to LCE.  So, there are lots of reasons to be still optimistic... Hope beats eternal in the human breast.  My "hope" is that the wait isn't "eternal".   Best to all.  Bill

New Message
Please login to post a reply