Free

Today I responded to a post on TOB, something I definitely try to keep from doing, but the attraction to posting there today was too strong.  A statement was made by a very respected contributor that Tesla has but 2 lithium mine sources in the state of Nevada.  That statement was patently false, not intentionally so, but false none the less.  I posted a correction and used as my source of information an article from Investing News.com going back to 2017.  I have no doubt that some of "the names have been changed to protect the innocent", so to speak.  There may have been buy outs and/or mergers and there may even be new companies not on that list, but the list is quite helpful to immediately see that there are far more than just 2 ladies at the dance for Tesla to choose as a dance partner.  The information below will confirm that Tesla has a wide choice of dance partners in Nevada, Lithium Americas being only one amongst the many.  That doesn't diminish the chances of LAC being the Belle of the Ball, but the music hasn't started yet so we still don't know, despite what the Pumpers elsewhere are constantly bleating and presupposing their bleats to be "in the know".  My hope is that LAC will be chosen Queen of the Prom, but there is a vast array of young ladies elbowing each other in an attempt to stand on the podium at the end of the day with King Elon.   JMO

https://investingnews.com/daily/resource-investing/battery-metals-investing/lithium-investing/clayton-valley-nevada-lithium-hotspot/

A brief overview of the Clayton Valley

According to a report on lithium brine deposits from the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the Clayton Valley covers roughly 100 square kilometers, but has a catchment area of approximately 1,400 square kilometers. That’s because the Clayton Valley sits lower than at least four adjacent basins, all of which are hydrologically linked.
“In this case, it is the combined area of all five linked catchments that matters, making the effective area of the Clayton Valley Li-brine system much larger,” the report explains.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to definitely stress that last sentence:  

“In this case, it is the combined area of all five linked catchments that matters, making the effective area of the Clayton Valley Li-brine system much larger."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Companies in the Clayton Valley

There is certainly ample reason for lithium companies to be interested in the Clayton Valley. Here’s a list of some of the lithium companies that currently have lithium projects in the Clayton Valley:

Beyond that, there are a number of companies with projects that are not quite in the Clayton Valley, but that are still relatively nearby in Nevada. They are:

Some of the companies on the list are fairly advanced, whereas others have only recently staked claims in the valley. For example, Pure Energy Minerals completed a resource estimate for its Clayton Valley project in July 2015 and has signed a conditional lithium supply agreement with Tesla.
It’s also worth noting that other companies, such as Dajin Resources, started exploring for lithium in Nevada well before all of the recent excitement around the mineral began.
In any case, there are plenty of junior miners for investors to comb through should they look to Nevada for a lithium play. Of course, only time will tell which companies in the valley will succeed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply