Free

Coeruleus, thanks for that "reveal"!  We are a mixed breed here and come form many different backgrounds.  My own background was far less prestigious.  I am a retired osteopathic physician who spent my career in family practice.  Plain vanilla, but I enjoyed it.  It was, however, light years away from the complexity you live in on a daily basis.  Neuroanatomy was, for me at least, one of the toughest obstacles in the way of graduation and, unfortunately for me, one of the subjects in which I retained the least.  Just not enough "Grey matter" on my part and what was there is mostly gone now. 

I know a little about some of the backgrounds of our other members, but it is up to them to decide if they want to share that or not.  It doesn't make a lot of difference in the final analysis since we all share a common goal now:  Looking forward to success for LAC in order to bring that same sort of success to ourselves and our families in terms of financial success.  It would seem that we are on the brink of achieving those personal milestones.

Back to LAC:  As for expanding the limits of the present perceived mining activity of LAC in the Great Basin up at Thacker Pass, I found some statement in a PR from January 2020 that might have some bearing on that situation:

Through innovative design, Thacker Pass is being developed as a potential model of sustainability in the extraction and processing of critical minerals required for a low-carbon economy. Many years of environmental monitoring data was collected and used to locate project infrastructure in areas of lowest environmental impact. The sound and air emissions control systems have been engineered to use the best available technology, resulting in a design that exceeds regulatory requirements. Within the proposed processing facility, water recycling is expected to be employed throughout the facility to minimize consumption (Phase 1 requires approximately the same amount of water as 2-3 alfalfa irrigation pivots).

Lithium Americas made the decision in 2018 to move the Project south of the Montana Mountains in order to avoid disturbance in sensitive ecological areas located within the mountains. The Company has collected baseline environmental data over a seven-year period and has provided a full set of baseline reports to the BLM. The data and related modeling indicate that there will not be any adverse impact to local streams or related wildlife habitat, either directly or indirectly, and these data are being used to draft the EIS.

Ok, I don't know if that really helps.. but LAC apparently made a concession to the EIS requirement and instead of considering mining up to the edge of the Montana Mountains, they limited that direction.  I am still trying to correlate that info with other maps of their property, but I am having about as much success with that process as I would have in trying to locate the Blue Spot on an anatomy exam.  Anyway, it appears that expansion of their proposed actual mining area is a consideration, within the limitations of their property borders, but that those considerations also take under advisement the constraints of subjective and objective considerations regarding the environmental impact.  I know there is more on this in their PFS if I would just take the time to find it.  Hopefully the DFS study will reveal more about how far they plan to go in extending the limits of mining activity vs the actual limits of their claim.  No doubt when they complete Phase I and move into Phase II they, for sure, will have a more definitive idea.

Thacker Pass is located between the Montana Mountains to the North and the Double H Mountains to the South:

https://ml.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/0264d8a3-c499-4bb6-81d8-98e2aa25e3ac?size=3

So, is it that Thacker South Exploration Area, just North of the Double H Mountains, you are referring to that could be part of a possible deal with Tesla ( or someone else for that matter ) in the future?

New Message
Please login to post a reply