Free
Oct 05, 2020 02:42AM

Oct 05, 2020 02:34PM

In regards to the first link:  PROPOSED THACKER PASS LITHIUM MINE PROJECT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT PUBLIC SCOPING REPORT     That is a much more current document, dated 11 May 2020

The figure that stands out immediately in this second report, and it probably is only a conincidence, is that the Thacker Pass Mine and Reclamation Plan of Operations (PoO) is listed as encompassing 10,468 acres.  Same "10,000 acres" that was mentioned by Elon Musk back on "Battery Day" or is it a different 10,000 acres.  My own guess:  probably just a coincidence, but still.....

The Exploration Plan of Operations (PoO) is another 7,727 acres, according to this document.

For anyone still confused by just where the Thacker Pass facility is located then page 2 gives one of the best maps I have seen and used several easily found landmark populated areas ( calling at least 1 or 2 of them "towns" is a little bit of a stretch, but they can be found on most Nevada maps )  and includes:  McDermitt, Denio, Orovada and the much better known:  Winnemucca, Nevada. Interstate 80 is clearly shown on this map for a reference anyone can appreciate immediately.  This really is one of the best maps I have come across for Thacker Pass.  It also clearly shows the Plan of Operations, PoO, for both the actual mine and reclamation areas and also for the exploration area as well.  Great map!

I think this document serves quite well to illustrate how little local opposition was generated during the Scoping process earlier this year to the Thacker Pass facility, as evidenced by the very low turnout at public meetings:

2.2.1 Scoping Meeting Attendance A total of 10 people (not including BLM staff, LNC representatives, or consultants working on the Project) signed into the meeting in Winnemucca and a total of 25 people signed into the meeting in Orovada.

Not exactly figures that would be compatible with a huge public outcry against the construction of this facility, even by rural Nevada standards.

Wow! Some additional really great maps and individual pages of what appears to be a slide show, possibly from sometime back in Feb 2020.  The slides don't appear to be enumerated so I will draw attention to the titles of just a few representative slides:  "Environmental Studies and Evalutations", "General Process Facility Layout", "Thacker Pass Enviromental Responsibility", "Thacker Pass Processing" and "Community Benefits".  

Appendix C is a compendium of individual concerns reported during the Scoping process by multiple organizations and individuals.  A quick overview seems to show the the two most common concerns were regarding any effect on the Groundwater and on Wildlife.

I already mentioned that the Springs in this area, pre construction, already show levels in excess of national acceptable standards for Arsenic, Aluminium, Iron, Magnesium and more.  LAC can't be blamed for the existence of these higher than national standard levels of contaminants existing before LAC even came on the scene.  I point that out especially since Ground water concerns was the Number 1 concern showing up the most as part of the Scoping process for Thacker Pass.

Oct 05, 2020 03:22PM

Oct 05, 2020 06:33PM

Oct 05, 2020 08:42PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply