Free

Thanks for the observations, okiedo. 

I was thinking specifically of the proposed onsite lithium processing / battery facility that was using sulfuric acid to post-process lithium (carbonate?) to create lithium sulfate to be used in solid-state battery cathodes, that was outlined in the preliminary DFS.  I've been meaning to go back and review that document to see if I can get more clues and validate what I remember.   I need to find it again though...  

I don't know if there is any overlap with the lithium refining process and the control of waste in the tailings, but who knows.   I know very little about that process.   You're certainly right that LAC is keenly aware of environmental impacts, and that minimizing waste would be a priority.  If they can do that in a cost effective manner, and also supply the best products, it's a win-win.

Given that LAC does have long-term ambitions to produce cathode material (and maybe batteries?) onsite, it only makes sense that they would find partner(s) that have expertise in this area.  (Again, I need to validate this, but it's what I remember from the preliminary TP DFS).  Given that Joe Lowry is working with both LAC and NNO, and he's previously brought suitors to LAC, I'm making a stretch regarding what might happen here.   From the Joe Lowry angle, I haven't seen any other companies that look like they might be candidates, and LAC and NNO are perhaps the most interviewed and tweeted about companies in the JL universe.

New Message
Please login to post a reply