Free

Bassomatic, Bangchak is a Thai company so the problem that it could create for investment in LAC relative to Thacker Pass seems, at least on the face of it, to be non existent.  As far as I am aware the U.S. still has good diplomatic ties with Thailand.  Now in regards to Ganfeng Ltd., that is entirely a different thing as it relates to LAC's future at Thacker Pass in the U.S.  We should expect that, even with the change in U.S. administration, the U.S. won't be cozying up too closely with Xi Jinping and the boys.

The hemorrhaging money theory may be closer to what is happening in so far as Bangchak is concerned.

As for Bangchak to want to buy in further to Argentina... wow!  I can't understand why anyone would want to do that right now with the fluid political situation in Argentina.  The political instability and the economic instability of Argentina seems to underscore the decisions by Jon Evans and company to cut back on LAC's footprint in Argentina and, like others here have speculated, may be a foreshadowing of LAC selling off completely their position in Argentina and shifting those funds in total to developing Thacker Pass.  I believe those who view LAC's situation in Argentina as leaving a sinking ship have probabaly 20/20 vision on that, although my own vision about LAC pulling back and possibly out of Cauchari-Olaroz was totally against that action for a long time.  I have been "converted".   JMO   Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply