Free

trades82, I am not sure but I think Pavel may have been referring to Bangchak.  Since Bangchak is Thai it might not be the same security issue for LAC to have foreign investment from Bangchak.  I am at a loss to think Bangchak would/could buy out LAC, but anything is possible ( except for Chinese buy out of LAC re: Thacker Pass ).

One interesting quote I found on the Bangchak home site follows:

"Bangchak Group has already invested in lithium mining through Lithium Americas Corp (LAC), a lithium miner in both Argentina and the United States. Via this investment, Bangchak will get about 6,000 tons of lithium each year. Lithium Americas Corp is expected to start its lithium production in late 2021."

Of course we know now that the production date has been shifted to 2022, just like so many dates have been shifted for LAC.  Covid-19 is the universal fall guy for business delays of all kinds all over the world and Cauchari-Olaroz is no exception.

Another interesting quote from the Bangchak site is:

"Electric vehicles and batteries have lately gained popularity in Thailand. Investments in battery businesses, as a result, grow because investors have noticed battery’s bigger presence in daily life as well as its role in changing energy businesses. Battery indeed looks set to play a big role in driving Thai economy in the future, paving way for renewable energy to increasingly replace fossil fuel. During the transition, energy-storage system is the most important transitional technology. Of all technologies available, lithium-ion battery presents itself as the very best solution."

Another quote:  "The exhibition showcased outstanding EV innovations for everyone to experience. Created by Chuayram Engineering, electric vehicles run completely on electricity and can double as ESS charger. These innovative tuk-tuks therefore can be dispatched to charge various other types of electric vehicles."

I don't have any experience with "tuk-tuks", but I did receive a 3 wheeled electric tricycle today from Better Bike in Massachusetts and it seems to work fine on its 100 mile rated batteries: https://www.better.bike/pebl-eco-info

The model shown, the Eco, is the one we got for my wife.  It is legal in bike lanes and on residential streets and does not require license or registration.  She can not drive a car, for medical reasons, but will be able to use the Pebl to go to nearby shopping and has room and a weight allowance to bring groceries and other things back home.  It allows her an independence she would not otherwise have.  Neat little electric vehicle.  I suspect the batteries are standard LFP batteries.  It has a Voltmeter that allows you to get some idea of the State of Charge (SoC) in order to do a better job when recharging to preserve the life of the battery.  Not a "tuk-tuk", by any means, but it should work fine for where we live.  20 mph would probably be max, more like 15 mph, so not something that will lay rubber when she takes off from a dead stop, but it should get her to and from shoping without worrying about wind, rain or snow.  We had high winds today, 30-40 mph with higher gusts.  Someplaces nearby had gusts as high as 80 mph, not where we live... probably more like 50 mph short gusts... extremely windy.  My son drove the Pebl home from the drop point ( about 3/4 mile away ) and he claims he had no problem whatsoever in the high wind conditions.  The only problem he had was on the 4 lane ( he was on the extreme margin, bike lane) every car that went by was rubber necking and taking pictures on their cell phones.  I think our Pebl is probably the only one in Nevada, for sure the only one here in Northern Nevada.

OK, back to business.  The Bangchak web site:  https://www.bangchak.co.th/en/home

New Message
Please login to post a reply