Free
Dec 06, 2020 11:26PM
Dec 07, 2020 09:09AM

WB DT, I can't think you enough for your post on Al Berard.  Those who only recently have been associated with TOB will not be aware of the immense value to that message board when it was truly a community of like minded investors and before its transition to it's present appaling and egregious state of disarray and chaotic cacophony.  Al was a pillar of that community long before Cartoon Land existed.  He was one of the early ones who recognized the potential for LAC back in the days when it was Western Lithium.

I can't begin to improve on what WB DT has already so elequently posted about Al Berard.  That won't stop me from trying, but in truth WB DT showed a wordsmanship mastery in his post honoring Al that I can't begin to achieve.  Al was everything that WB DT said and more.  I once wrote Al and requested that he consider becoming an active member of this Hub. Al gave a very logical reason for his decline that had nothing to do with any reference to his battle with health issues.  He never mentioned that struggle to me.

I have had nothing but the highest regard for Al ever since I read his first post many years ago over on TOB.  While that board still retained some elements of sanity, Al was the most prolific contributor over on TOB and he always based his informative posts on information he had carefully researched.  I don't remember a single post by Al that could be judged as plain Pumping or Dumping.  Those extremes were never in Al's playbook.  His approach was so very much like Sergeant Joe Friday from the Dragnet TV series of so many decades ago:  "All we want are the facts, ma'am".  And that is all that Al gave us... just "the facts". 

Anyone reading Al's post at the same sitting as when they read posts of someone else on TOB in later years could not help but see the tremendous contrast between the informative and detailed information that Al always provided and the ignominious obfuscation so profusely practiced by so many others on TOB.  Al's posts stood out like a beacon from the rest.  He was always consistent and always truthful.

For those who knew Al through his printed words, he will be greatly missed.  WB DT's post on Al was a fitting tribute to Al.

Long time Al followers can still go to the site that WB DT posted and leave a belated message of condolence to his family.   Thank you, so very much, WB DT for sharing your information about Al.

Okiedo

Cal
Dec 07, 2020 12:30PM
Dec 07, 2020 11:27PM
Dec 08, 2020 04:07AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply