Free

Fascinating letter from the EPA to the BLM that was "penned" today.  Please let me know what you think when you have a chance.  My initial feedback comments are listed below:

• The EPA received a non-public draft version of the ROD on 12/4/20
  • Based on the draft version of the ROD, the EPA highlighted concerns that they feel are not being addressed in the final EIS or the ROD
  • The EPA references the LAC preferred, Alternative A, mine site plan.  I am speculating here but I have to assume that they referencing Alternative A because that is the mine plan that will be approved in the final ROD.  This would be great news for LAC
  • State mine permits are still pending.  Jon Evans mentioned this in his December Benchmark presentation and I picked up on it.  I was working under the assumption that LAC can start work at TP with a positive BLM ROD but it looks like they will have another huddle to clear.  Given the recent Nevada tax abatements approved for LAC, I do not think the permits will be withheld but I would like to know more around the timeline and risk on this final, final approval

Overall, I think this letter is a great sign that we should have a positive BLM ROD that will be released sometime prior to 1/21/21.  Go LAC!!

WB  

https://cdxnodengn.epa.gov/cdx-enepa-II/public/action/eis/details;jsessionid=9CDC2231625E7E6B111493C76E3982C7?downloadAttachment=&attachmentId=318483

New Message
Please login to post a reply