Free

Democrats are indeed more in favor not only EVs but also of other policies requiring (heavy) subsidies. That will make recent unprecedented money printing effort look rather common. Luckily, lithium is an industrial commodity, so any inflation pressure should transform into higher pricing of the metal. LAC plans to export majority of its production, should US become just another Argentina, it would (hopefully) not really impact the profitability of this Canadian company. Quite opposite, higher inflation would mean lower local variable costs (in yuan/CAD terms) and higher profitability (lac just needs to fix wages and electricity on longer term contracts). The only problem for a foreign investor like myself is, that the era of investing in NYSE may come to an end as USD depreciation eats to capital gains (should be any) significantly.

To share my perspective on your question: It probably does not matter. It is all set and the US economy is financially ruined either way. Democrats will not even try to fix the budget deficit issue (not that Trump was any help on this matter). On medium or long term perspective (lets define “medium” as 2+ years from now), I would be concerned of president Harris. She has definitely a potential to go “ultra-left” and move the US on a political map more to the south. For a year or two she may be mitigated by Bidens inability to decide. Should I make a choice (not that it is really my business), then keeping those seats on the Republican side would be slightly more reasonable as it may slow the avalanche of newly printed money. 

Anyway, just my 2 cents on this one. Cheers.

New Message
Please login to post a reply