Free

Clifford, that is just one of those points we will respectfully disagree on.  Time will tell who is right, but naive isn't the word I would use in this circumstance.  I live in the most mining friendly state of the US, Nevada.  That isn't exactly a secret in the investment community.  

Mining - Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development (nv.gov)

However, there is always "another side" of any issue and we do have "another side" currently in Nevada.  Nevada has had a Constitutional Cap on Mining Tax since the 19th century at 5%.  Last year the Democrat controlled legislature did attempt to initiate a revision of the State Constitution to allow for raising that tax.  There is, of course, strong opposition to a change in the Constitution by the mining industry and many other organization here in Nevada.  This situation is in flux and has not been resolved.  Should it be allowed to change the State Constitution and raise the tax on mining then that could be a potential monkey wrench, however there is great sentiment across many different sectors in Nevada to leave the cap at 5%.  A recent article illustrates this conflict between the Democrat controlled State Legislature and other pro mining forces here in Nevada:

Lawyers battle over lawsuit seeking halt to Nevada mining tax hike proposals | nnbw.com

For now, the issue is in the hands of Carson City District Judge James Russell:

Carson City District Court Judge James Russell said on Thursday that he’ll take the request to halt the proposed constitutional amendment under advisement

New Message
Please login to post a reply