Free

Lithium Americas raised US$400M to build gigantic lithium mine in the U.S.

Vladimir Basov  Friday January 22, 2021 12:16

Editor's Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today's must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!

(Kitco News) - Lithium Americas (TSX, NYSE: LAC) announced today the closing of its previously announced underwritten public offering of shares of its common stock for gross proceeds to the company of approximately US$400 million.

The company said that the net proceeds from the offering are intended to be used to fund development of the Thacker Pass lithium project and for general corporate and working capital purposes.

The Thacker Pass project is a pre-feasibility stage lithium project located in Humboldt County in northern Nevada, USA. The project is situated at the southern end of the McDermitt Caldera, approximately 100 km northwest of Winnemucca. In 2018, Lithium Americas completed a pre-feasibility study on a two phase project with a production capacity designed to reach 60,000 tpa of battery-grade lithium carbonate and 46 year mine life.

Thacker Pass is the largest known lithium resource in the United States and the next large scale lithium mine.

Lithium Americas is a development-stage company with projects in Jujuy, Argentina and Nevada, USA.

New Message
Please login to post a reply