Free

I haven't seen the latest Jon Evans interview, but "Peter" on TOB did opine that Evans now says production at Thacker Pass is going to be in 2024.

If that is true then it again points to the fact that when LAC management mentions any date for something as critical as the date they go into production, you should take that statement with a considerable dose of salt and I don't mean " a grain " of salt, more like a pound of salt.

LAC management has, again and again, moved the timeline on one issue or another and the direction of the timeline movement is always further away and without any clarification given.

Now, my overall positive view of LAC is still in force regarding most criteria for assessing LAC but in the specific area of truthfullness about projected calendar dates I would just point out that "truth" in this area is "Relative Truth" and subject to considerable change at the drop of a hat.

I don't mind, so much, the extension along a timeline if only management would step up to the plate and explain fully why their earlier estimates have now been moved back.  Of course it would be quite easy to just mumble "COVID-19" and let it go at that, but LAC management doesn't even go so far as to use that subterfuge as an explanation.  

OK, I have vented.  I still own the same number of LAC shares I owned yesterday, last week and last year.... but I don't like this type of repeated behavior on the part of LAC management in minimizing what is, in my opinion, a very important piece of information to investors:  the Timeline.

JMO   Okiedo 

PS:  This is habitual behavior on the part of LAC management so it won't be the last time we will see this fluid Timeline maneuver occur before actual production occurs at Cauchari-Olaroz or at Thacker Pass.  In the words of one illustrious poster on TOB:  "You been warned!"   

OK, some of the steam, anyway, has been ventilated.   I feel better... sort of.

New Message
Please login to post a reply