Free
Message: Re: All the mines Tesla needs to build 20 million cars a year

Well, based on what you posted I observe few “structural environmental issues”. The most obvious is the impressive electricity consumption – 12MWh per year is IMHO horribly high figure for an “average house”.

Just for a reference, I live +/- in the same house as the “US average” (5 people together) and our annual bill was for 5MW. That includes lights, cooking appliances, wash machine, TV, radio, partially hot water (majority runs on a solar system), 4-5 computers running pretty much 24/7, …

Brno is bit northern than NYC, so we do not have A/C, central heating is a stove, approximately 6 cubic meters of wood/year. Even if I include the energy not used when “away from home”, I don’t get anywhere near of 8MWh. So the question is, what I am doing wrong to look so “cheap”, comparing to the “US average”?

I struggle a bit with the economy of the solar system. According to google, the average charge per kWh in Nevada is 11c, you pay 11c/kWh to Tesla. Not sure if I got it right, but it looks like there is no real benefit to have the solar system. Even if those 11c would be a profit, it would take nearly 20 years to recover the installation costs and in this time they surely need to replace the electronics at least once if not twice. No wonder, that the Rive clan went bust on the SolarCity business.

New Message
Please login to post a reply