Free
Message: All the mines Tesla needs to build 20 million cars a year

Trades82, as for home solar the cost of the cells and of the solar panels. they have indeed come down if you are talking about comparing older panel technology back a few years to that same older technolgoy today, but of course newer solar cells that are more efficient will come with a heftier price tag.. so it is all relative to the specifics of your solar cell choice and to the particular manufacturer as to the price you pay today.  What is less subject to finding a better deal is the installation costs.  That is where you get hit.

The article I link below states the actual cost for the labor of installation is about 15%.  It also lists a range of something like $10 to 13 thousand dollars for a 6 kW system.  I am not sure how that transmits to kWh per year and it is important when doing your calculations to come up with an actual estimate of kWh use over a year's time when you compare prices from one company to another.  I don't know when the article below was published but I think it is probably useful.  I suspect it is fairly recent because of the prices listed. The article claims to be in reference to 2021 Solar Panel Costs. 5 years ago Solar City told us that our system would have cost us $25,000 had we purchased it outright instead of leased it.

As you will see in looking at the tabulated data for different manufacturers the prices for solar panels are quite variable depending in the exact specifications of the panels you want.

2021 Solar Panel Costs | Average Installation Cost Calculator (homeguide.com)

New Message
Please login to post a reply