Free
Message: Re: Pushing green energy or bowing to the mining industry?

Thanks for those remarks, Retiredcash2.  I am very familiar with the dangers of fire in the Western US, having lived in the Reno area for 30 years in May of this year.  We are surrounded by sage covered high desert.  I had sage in my back yard before I rocked it years ago and in the Summer and Fall we routinely have fires in or around the area, sometimes more than one going at the same time.  My post, however, was only to provide a quick source of reference to all LAC owners whenever the issue of how the Thacker Pass mine might possibly be affected by the environmental issue of sage brush.  The reclamation plan for the close of the mine addresses this as well, but even if it didn't the sage brush would quickly repopulate the area just as it does whenever we have a fire anywhere else in the West.  Sage brush is effectively everywhere in Northern Nevada that isn't otherwise occupied by human dwellings or other evidence of human habitation, business or transportation.  Thanks for your comments.

I think that further time on this issue should entertain the previous headfullness expressed by WB DT earlier in that it probably would best be discussed over on the "Off Topic" forum.  Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply