Free
Message: Finding the Pea under the Shell. This article refers to LAC production at Thacker Pass in 2023.

So, when is it really?  Depends on which article you read.  We really don't know when production will start at Thacker Pass, but I wouldn't complain if it was 2023, just not holding my breath for it.

"Reuters has recently reported, “Lithium Americas has said it plans to spend $400 million on the first phase of its Thacker Pass project with output of 20,000 [metric tons] of lithium annually. The mine is expected to open by 2023.”

It is that last sentence that is the kicker:  "The mine is expected to open by 2023".

So who, exactly, is expecting this?  As has been pointed out by others, there is the matter of water rights on the one hand and finding the Strategic Partner to help with the financing on the other hand.  Yes, production at Cauchari-Olaroz would help the second problem, but that puts the focus of really when will Cauchari-Olaroz go into production and when it does go into production how much slice of the pie will LAC have at that point?

At any rate, LAC is one company mentioned in the following article, linked below:

7 Lithium and Battery Stocks for Big Growth

7 Lithium and Battery Stocks for Big Growth | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)

New Message
Please login to post a reply