Free

Trades82, since you asked:  "What article?", I can't reproduce the one Cal is referring to, but most of the articles about the debacle in Texas that I have seen are highly critical of alternative energy solutions adopted over the years by Texas, with particular venom directed at the Solar electricity generation and wind generation of electricity in Texas, a state that all of the articles point out is rich in petroleum and natural gas resources.

I previously posted over on the Off Topic forum an article that gives a view in contradistinction to the conventional wisdom now becoming the apparent pontification of the journalistic community.  I posted it over on the Off Topic forum on purpose because I knew it would be quite controversial, however Cal's post here kind of opens the door for the subject with the reference to the article written by the lady and published over on Bloomberg.  I am reposting my previous post from Off Topic here, but with the hope that we don't drag this topic on and on here on the Discussion Forum.  Hopefully we can all shift it over to the Off Topic forum where those in agreement with the lady or in disagreement with her position or with the article I am posting a link on can continue the discussion to their hearts content....over on the Off Topic Forum.... please.    Okiedo

"This is the most difficult thing for Texas to admit as a huge natural gas state,” said Michael Webber, an energy resources and mechanical engineering Professor at the University of Texas at Austin.

Our natural gas system is not delivering what we need. They're all having trouble but this is really a natural gas problem more than anything else right now."

He also commented:  "I think blaming the Green New Deal for our problems is essentially absurd because it doesn't exist, its a possible future policy..."

The above quote is at variance with the opinions expressed by many other politicians and journalists lately who are condemning wind and solar alternative energy as the be all end all culprit in the disaster Texas is experiencing.

Texas power outage brings electrification-natural gas debate to a head (yahoo.com)

I recommend that you take a few minutes and also view the video interview with Professor Miller in addition to reading the article.  It gives a far different perspective on the causes of the tragedy in Texas than is currently popular via the clueless journalist majority and at least some of the politicians who are using now what they percieve as their right to extemporize using their own claim to a personal version of Papal Infallibility.

Miller's interview is at least food for thought, regardless of the pre-conception of the reader, in my opinion.  Worth the few minutes it takes to watch.    Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply