Free
Message: The Process Testing Facility and Laboratory reference in the Annual Report

There is a little bit more information, than previously provided, for instance the references to the crystalizer vendors and the design of equipment and performance guarantees.  This along with the new patent application information, linked here on Agoraccom by ProsserP, does raise the curtain on the "process testing facility and laboratory" in Reno just a little bit, with the anticipation that more information will be released as we advance forward toward 2022.  

"Process Engineering and Design Update

A process testing facility and laboratory has been commissioned in Reno, Nevada to optimize the process (predominantly to reduce the consumption of sulfuric acid), prepare tailings samples for stability and geochemical analyses, and to provide feed samples to crystallizer vendors who will design the equipment and are expected to provide performance guarantees.  The results of the pilot plant test work will be used to finalize the design of the front-end of the process where lithium is extracted (dissolved) from the ore. To date, Lithium Nevada’s process testing facility has produced over 15,000 kg of high-quality lithium sulfate brine at the Thacker Pass Project. The process has been optimized by upgrading the ore through a wet attrition process followed by a hydrocyclone to remove coarse material with relatively low lithium content.  The process test work has demonstrated an increase in lithium feed concentration, which results in reduced acid consumption per tonne of LCE.  In addition to optimizing acid consumption, the process testing facility has also generated tailings samples that are being used for stability and geochemical analysis, as well as feed samples to crystallizer vendors who will design the equipment and provide performance guarantees.  

The Company has engaged experienced crystallization vendors to develop the design and cost estimate for process equipment to be used to manufacture battery-quality lithium products from lithium sulfate, including lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide"

My hope, is that instead of another round of looking for the pea under the shell, 2022 will show us exactly what we have been anticipating for years and years now.  Most of us here are long term investors.  My personal goal is to see this promise of "production" reach the realm of reality while I am still alive.  Each kick of the can, however, has put that reality into question.  In the final analysis:  Hope beats eternal in the human breast.  I "hope" 2022 is the real deal, not only for myself but for all of you as well.   Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply