Free

Thanks for finding and posting. Lots of great information. I am certainly no expert, but it appears that LAC is really on top of the environmental concerns. In particular, the manner in which they plan to deal with the tailings is remarkable. No one can expect mining activity to have zero impact on the natual environment, but it appears that the Thacker Pass project will have minimal negative impact, including the fact that in, say, 60 years, you'd never know it had been there. 

Meanwhile, it's nice to see the permiting processes are moving forward. Still, it's hard to nail down expected timelines for anticipated milestones. The newsletter expects final permits by "the end of the year", and acknowledges that final financing is still required before moving forward. I believe that Evans has said in the past that final permits would be required before a strategic partner would commit (or was this an analyst's speculation, I'm losing track), so we're back to not knowing when to anticipate the DFS and financing/strategic partner announcements. I had thought we might expect them by late summer, but perhaps not until late this year?

New Message
Please login to post a reply