Free

I completely agree rkeeb. It either looks like the author doesn't understand the relationship between the 2 companies, or is intentionally using that to put LAC in a bad light. 

I think a challenge LAC will always have is that the world in which they are working in is completely foreign to the average person. Even investors like us have a hard time understanding all of the technical concepts and lingo, yet everyone can understand universally relatable potential negative byproducts of mining:

- Altering the natural landscape
- Limiting land for Indigenous tribes
- Affecting the water table
- Creating noise pollution
- etc.

I remember reading a while back that LAC has someone specifically hired for community engagement or contultation. I'm sure they will be working overtime to try to shift the narative. It's always going to be an uphill battle. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that North America for a while now has moved a lot of the "dirty" work to other countries. We are not used to seeing the effects of it so close to home as much anymore.

My suggestion from a PR perspective would be for LAC to have a whole section of their site dedicated to environmental concousness. Show visually how the clay will be restored back into the landscape. Show a before and after short (or rendering), to show that the soil disturbance is going to be minimal. I think when people hear the word "mining" they envision these deep pits hundreds of feet into the group. From my understanding of the process most of the rich deposits are quite close to the surface, so this will not be the case. 

Anyways, we'll see what happens. On a side note, it's nice to finally see some green today ;)

New Message
Please login to post a reply