Free

Holy smokes this is a comprehensive update on the lithium markets overall and many lithium companies, including LAC near the bottom. Great find.

With respect to LAC specifically, a couple of things jumped out at me.

1. The timings of LAC’s Stage 2 plans at Cauchari-Olaraz are interesting. They plan to start construction in H2 2022 but production is not planned until 2025. If a plant takes two years to build, which seems to be the norm, this would suggest that they don’t expect construction to start until very late in 2022, after, as they state, the commissioning and start up of Stage 1.  So even though Stage 1 commissioning is expected mif-2022, it seems that they expect it will take several months to ramp up. The start date of 2025 seems a bit pessimistic unless they expect a late start of construction. But, it’s great that they’re moving ahead with Stage 2 planning so soon. Also it’s nice to see expected expansion beyond stage 2.

2. They have as their 2023 catalyst: “Possible lithium clay producer from Thacker Pass Nevada (full ramp by 2026).” This is the first and only reference I’ve seen to production starting in 2023. Now, the article uses the June 2021 Corporate Presentation for the source of this catalyst, but I’ve gone through the presentation and these date claims are not included, so I’m not really sure where they come from. They seem a little optimistic.

Just shows that as an informed investor, one needs to take any one data point with a grain of salt, and work to find the sources of information. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply