Free

I am going to go on a limb and look at recent GM announcement as a poker game. GM needs real and stable supply ASAP, investing in practically unproven geothermal process which is maybe 7 years away even with all approval if obtained.

Lets read it slowly: 

“Detroit-based GM said it will make a "multimillion-dollar investment" in and help develop Controlled Thermal Resources (CTR) Ltd's Hell's Kitchen

As you noticed GM mentions multimillion which is what? – $2 or $5 million? For GM it is a peanuts , like you and me investing $200.

I am calling it a BLUFF!  

Lets read another sentence in the article which is conveniently hidden at the end of press release: 

“GM is also talking with other U.S. lithium companies for supply, including those who plan to produce the metal from clay, brine and other geological sources, Grewe said. 

So who are those companies GM is talking about?! Obviously those companies like ALB or LTHM or even LAC will not ask for few millions , GM investment would be in the hundreds of millions plus other obligations on their part, who knows what else is involved in the negotiations. 

So,  GM is bluffing trying to put pressure on the company they are “also talking”…

LAC management is familiar with poker game… I am sure they are  holding good cards and they easily calling GM bluff.

LAC- $35 next year.

New Message
Please login to post a reply