Free
Jul 24, 2021 10:21AM
Jul 24, 2021 10:51AM

"Plaintiffs1 sued Defendants2 over their approval of the Thacker Pass Lithium Mine Project, seeking to halt construction of the mine. (ECF No. 1.) The Court is not ruling on the merits of Plaintiffs’ claims. This Order only addresses Plaintiffs’ motion for preliminary injunction (ECF No. 23 (“Motion”)), which requests the extraordinary remedy of preliminary injunctive relief primarily to enjoin Intervenor-Defendant Lithium Nevada Corporation (“Lithium Nevada”) and the Federal Defendants from proceeding with a historical/cultural resources survey that involves some ground disturbances pending the Court’s decision on the merits. Because Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to demonstrate a likelihood of irreparable harm in the absence of their requested preliminary injunction pending a merits determination in this case, and as further explained below, the Court will deny Plaintiffs’ Motion."

So, LAC wins the battle. Looks like we should expect an increase in the share price starting Monday!

A note of caution, however, the larger issue is still up in the air.  Unless Judge Du addresses it sooner it is still scheduled for her decision in January of 2022.

We are still going to see some sort of "protest" activity out at Thacker Pass in the meantime and Max Wilbert and Will Falk aren't going to just roll over.  I don't remember whether it was Wilbert or Falk, but one of them recently made a statement about people placing their bodies in a blocking move as volunteers against construction efforts of Nevada Lithium at Thacker Pass by blocking entry to the site.  So, the Soap Opera continues on an extra legal level even though Judge Du has denied the Injunction.  We move on into the next stage and the chess game continues.

Jul 24, 2021 11:02AM
Jul 24, 2021 11:08AM
Jul 27, 2021 06:07AM
Jul 27, 2021 11:01AM

Jul 27, 2021 01:20PM
Jul 27, 2021 02:04PM
Jul 27, 2021 04:28PM
Jul 27, 2021 04:52PM
Jul 27, 2021 05:02PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply