Free

Thanks JD for posting John Evans interview. I thought he did excellent job. He brought interesting points about distance of some tribes and origin of them, I feel even more  comfortable about January decision, thou one never knows in today climate.

Sometimes I look at LAC SP and think about our “old friend Al” who is not with us anymore. I used to get into discussion with him about LAC versa ALB, since he did have ALB in his portfolio also. He believed that ALB is a great Li company (which I did not denied) but I was pointing out that LAC will get better risk/reward payback.

Well, from those days – LAC went from $5 a share to approx. $15 and ALB from $70 to $210, so seems that their both triple in a value, but I have to give Al the edge at this point since ALB is much less riskier then LAC and will continue to grow while LAC can go lower in case of next January decision. So, fingers cross and waiting as you all are.  Hope LAC will eventually outperformed  ALB.

P.S. Since so many new people joined our board I would like to apologize to all of them if my English not up to par, since it is my second language.

Also, here is the mention of the August decision:

“…She (Du) said during a July 21 hearing on the conservationists’ request that the tribes had a better chance of persuading her to temporarily halt activity at the mine site.

“The argument about irreparable harm is more persuasive — the violation of the National Historic Preservation Act itself,” she said.

Du has ordered the company and the land agency, which is overseen by the Interior Department, to respond to the tribes' motion by Aug. 12 and

and has scheduled a hearing later that month.

Lithium Nevada had intended to begin digging trenches this week to gather samples for the survey across about a quarter of an acre...

But government lawyers told the judge last week that some necessary permits were still pending. They agreed to notify Du if they wanted to start digging before Aug. 23 so she could consider an emergency order. She said she doesn’t intend to rule on the merits of the overall case before January.

The Bureau of Land Management says it has been consulting with the three federally recognized tribes at Thacker Pass — the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone tribes and Winnemucca Indian Colony — about plans on how to treat historic properties.

The agency said it didn’t object to the two other tribes intervening, but Lithium Nevada said it did, partly because it argued Atsa Koodakuh Wyh Nuwu/People of Red Mountain isn’t a tribe defined under the National Historic Preservation Act.

The company said a review has included “substantial consultation” with local tribes that never raised similar concerns, while it spent $10 million on the permitting process for the mine.

Tribal lawyers said in Thursday’s filing that the government also should be consulting with at least nine other tribes in Nevada, California and Oregon with ties to Thacker Pass.

Michon Eben, the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony’s tribal historic preservation officer, said she told federal officials last month that “just because regional tribes have been isolated and forced onto reservations relatively far away from Thacker Pass does not mean these regional tribes do not possess cultural connections to the pass.”

New Message
Please login to post a reply