Free

Cal
Aug 26, 2021 09:16AM

Slightly off topic, but it seems to me, that in order to win in Afghanistan, one has to manipulate the population a bit. I remember, when Russians were trying to “modernize” Afghanistan, one of the activity was, that they took females out of the country and sent them to universities across the eastern block just to change the  perspective to their lifes.  It is obvious, that training of the Afghan army was a waste of time. For all the money, they should have had recruit girls, put them into an university campus in the US and explain to them that they can go back and one day become brides of a Taliban fighter with all the benefits associated with that position or they can learn how to kill them and make sure that their daughters could have better life at least in Kabul and bigger cities. I bet, that female special forces would be more effective in this environment, such unit would cut Talibans to pieces and rather die than surrender.  And US marines could “just” take care of the logistic to make sure, the units get what is needed – make up, ammunition and air support. Afghan administration is completely corrupted for such task.

Aug 27, 2021 11:01AM
Aug 27, 2021 02:48PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply