Free

I believe that there can be no disputing the need for more energy if the world was to go more electric as time goes by. There are ever more battery powered items in our lives. But.... thinking of the implications for potential lethal contamination, as well as how little employment would come from the construction of nuclear plants of any size, coupled with the cost of recycling the plants at end of life, I can't help but support the solar, wind and geothermal forms of electricity production. Battery farms are making big inroads into the need for storage. There is so much open unused land in the world, a need for more employment, and the sun and wind showers upon us for free. We could have design, construction, maintenance, and recycling jobs galore. Add all of the related support needed forĀ  enterprises such as trucking, construction equipment, manufacturing and so forth. Yes, batteries might be considered a hazard, but technology is on the road to solving much of that. Mining is an inherently dirty process, but I would wager that much of the above will be mitigated long before there will be clean and safe nuclear power. IMHO.....

New Message
Please login to post a reply