Free

I guess, nobody here was expecting me to leave this unanswered :-). Nothing personal, just stating obvious:

„…Tesla has a long history with Ganfeng….“

I am afraid, this is an alternative fact. Last time, I was checking (Q2/21), Tesla has not been producing any batteries, but merely repacking cells produced by Panasonic, CATL, Samsung and probably others. Why would Ganfeng talk directly to Musk is not really clear to me, because there was no point. Now, they are claiming to build a battery production in TX, so is yet to be seen how successful this ambition is going to be. Battery cells is a commodity business, the US production of TSLA will not be able to support such factory and in China, they have to use local production not to piss of the polytburo.

“…Look into Tesla’s power storage ambitions….”

Sure, ambitions are great, just margin are lousy around -21% https://imgur.com/DMxImWn (source: Andreas Hopf, Company 10Q). Not a single project, delivered by TSLA was profitable, so yes, I do not understand Musk.

“…We cannot build out the world’s electric grid for EVs without power storage in a MASSIVE way….”

Would you mind to elaborate a bit on this idea? Such as why do we need power storage for charging another battery? IMHO, the only meaningful reason for existence of a battery array is a shorter backup, till more powerful and more stable generator is put in place. Pretending, that subsidized solar panels and large batteries will save this planet is quite original. Just an example: the biggest battery storage array is at the moment Hornsdale Power Reserve (build by Tesla with Panasonic technology at a loss) has capacity 100MW, which means an output of 100MW for maybe 30-45 minutes. Then it has to stop and wait it charged. If you really want to charge it by a solar system, please be my guest and try to calculate, how many square miles of solar panels would be needed to charge it in any meaningful time frame. I understand, why greenwashers in Australia support such projects, just not sure about the environmental impact, once they cover substantial part of Australia by solar panels. By the way, I can already see the impact of the “green deal” in Germany – soaring electricity prices there and in surrounding countries.  

As a LAC shareholder, I do not mind any BS (read as BullS…) battery project as it consumes Lithium, as an “environmentally aware” individual, I am sometimes shocked, what people do build, because they get subsidies. I also do not mind, if LAC signed a deal with Tesla, as long as it is not “exclusive” contract. Exclusive contract would be suicidal for LAC for reason, I have explain here few times :-).

PS: I was not shopping that day :-). Despite adoption of the “black Friday “ concept by local e-retailers in Czech, thanks giving mean still nothing here. Santa and his "red CocaCola truck" is trying hard for about 30 years and still was not able to take any meaningfull market share from the local "Xmass guy", who is responsible for the logistic operation on 24th of Dec.

New Message
Please login to post a reply