Free
Message: Very curious about how members here feel about Jerry's post over on TOB

In view of the steep decline in Share Price of LAC we all have our own theories about how this has happened.  I don't keep up with all of the twists and turns over on TOB, but I did happen to glance down the page for a few postings this morning and ran across an interesting hypothesis by "Jerry" as to why LAC has nose dived during December.  Maybe he has something.  I am curious as to how the more serious members of this board view that hypothesis since I know I can count on a serious discussion here that is devoid of all the various distractions so common on TOB.

What is your opinion of Jerry's analysis?

Jerry ( on TOB ):

"Looking at the charts, I see there is a very close correlation between TSLA stock and the stocks of U.S.-listed lithium producers. Perhaps many may already know of this correlation, and perhaps others see it as an obvious and deserved correlation. But I think it is an unfortunate and totally undeserved correlation likely having to do with these stocks being all lumped together in the same clean energy, battery, and ESG ETFs. Sure, the correlation, whether deserved or not, works great for us when $TSLA is soaring, but when its founder is selling off some of his TSLA shares every day for idiosyncratic reasons having nothing to do with the underlying business and TSLA tanks as a result and we get slammed down right along with it even though the lithium business is utterly booming and lithium spot prices are soaring, the correlation no longer makes any sense, even if it ever did in the first place."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I have no doubt that Pavel will have a rather scathing opinion as that opinion pertains to Tesla, but I look forward to seeing all of the different views about this theory Jerry has put forth.  It sounds logical to me... just an unfortunate lumping together of LAC and Tesla by the bulk of the investment community despite the clear fact of an expanding demand for lithium now and into several years of the future.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply