Free
Dec 30, 2021 03:51PM
Mar 27, 2022 05:42PM

I thought Pavel lived in Australia.

I am taken back by the $50/KG. Quite honestly if it wasn't Mr. Lithium speaking I would completely discount that notion. 

I've always liked his straightforward approach. But I would also point out he has been completely wrong on a few points in the past. For example, his take on ESG was that it was a laughable concern that would not gain traction. Then he also indicated spot prices were out of this world. He felt it to be an indicator of the direction of pricing only and yet here he is suggesting a $50/Kg. 

I do agree with just about everything he's saying now. I have feared LAC would be thinking about GM as some type of a relationship. Terribly misguided management there, so unfortunate!

If you look at all the battery production capacity announced in the coming years in just the US I find it impossible to meet their ambitious goals. I think some of these companies will go bankrupt or at a minimum build out a large facility and find they can only achieve a small portion of their stated capacity due to the lack of material. I don't feel confident simply assuming these companies know what they are doing. I think it's less concerning with the current battery manufacturers such as Panasonic, LG, Samsung or CATL, etc. 

He is absolutely correct about TSLA being miles ahead. Do some research on all the material contracts/relationships they have on raw material. No other OEM is doing this. Look at the time frame to build out VW's 500,000 cars/year capacity EV plant just outside of Germany. 4 years to complete construction plus one year to ramp up to get what Tesla Berlin plant will do by Q3/Q4 '23. And they will be closer to 2 million cars by 2028.

What we didn't hear is his concern with doing business with the Chinese. It was only the Russians. I think this was purposeful. I think this will change moving forward. He has access to much more information than we do and if he's not concerned with the direction of LAC then maybe I can sleep a bit better. 

Mar 28, 2022 08:01AM
Mar 28, 2022 10:31AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply