Free
Message: Re: New Seeking Alpha article on LAC today, 16 March 2022

JDubski:  "So, while it's nice to read the author's projected $240 share price estimate, it's probably a bit unrealistic"

I agree, John, so I immediately cut that figure in my own projection in half to $120 per share.  I was not in the least "disappointed".

How does $120 a share work out for the rest of you, eh?

How about the author's third bullet point in his Summary:  

• "Once it has reached production, Lithium Americas is looking at immense revenue, offering investors immense upside."

I also had considerable appreciation for the author's opinion that:

"Given the near-certainty of a significant shortfall in supply beginning this year and widening thereafter, it is likely that we will see prices continue to rise for lithium. But even if prices fall, Lithium Americas will still enjoy huge revenue from its production."

About the possibility of splitting the company into a North American divison and a separate division for Argentina, Seeking Alpha opined:

"Lithium Americas recently raised the prospect of separating the business into two parts in order to offer a pure-play domestic opportunity and its consolidated Argentinean holdings. This could help unlock value for investors, attracting more who want to enter the US lithium mining space."

Seeking Alpha comments on the judicial challenge were, of by necessity, conjuncture and not unlike our own individual projections about this obstacle in the roadway to success for the Thacker Pass proposed lithium mine:

" The court case is expected to conclude in quarter three of 2022, which could be either very good or very bad for the company depending on how the ruling comes down. There has been a lot of controversy around this project, but I believe that it will get permitted in the end thanks to the political necessity to secure a domestic lithium supply and the company's appeals that it is doing its best to be environmentally conscious, as seen in its various press releases and op-eds. Just this past week, the Department of the Interior interceded on the side of Lithium Americas, asking the court to reject tribal concerns in favor of letting the mine proceed."

Circling back to JDubski's evaluation of the author's $240 per share future prognositcation, it was interesting to see the exapansive comment on that front from the author:

"That would equate to around $240 per share, a near ten times gain over today's share price. And this is using conservative figures for the company's potential revenue. It is not easy to accurately predict what the company's value will be in X number of years, but it is clear that Lithium Americas has serious upside potential to be a multi-bagger in the next decade."

How clear is it? 

The author would lead us to believe that the visibility is unlimited.  He minimizes the risk in regard to the legal challenges, the possibility of a technical shift away from lithium based batteries in the near future and in regard to any instability in the domestic political scene in either Argentina or in the United States.

Clear as "mud"?

Well, we each have an opinion as to the clarity of a successful future for LAC and as to the extent of the share price appreciation possible during that future.  Those opinions will undoubtedly be all over the place, but we rely on those opinions to formulate our own individual exit plans. 

I have formulated mine rather loosely on the opinion that the legal challenge will most likely be settled in favor of LAC, the technical shift for the bulk of batteries in the near future ( say as a WAG:  up through 2035 at least ) will not be so rapid as to sublimate the supremacy of lithium incorporation to a large degree even if Solid State and/or Air/Metal becomes King of the Hill and even if the domestic situation in Argentina and/or the U.S. has major political transmogrification (but not so much as to evolve via true revolutionary means).

So my WAG is that the Seeking Alpha author has some credibility when he surmises:

"Lithium Americas has serious upside potential to be a multi-bagger in the next decade."

That leads me to my personal exit strategy that doesn't become activated until I see some share price for LAC north of $50 a share.

As long as I am dreaming, I intend to dream "Big" because a $50 share price in the next decade would indeed be huge for me, providing I am still vertical when I can execute that exit strategy commensurate with my self imposed limitations.

Onward through the FOG? 

Or will Seeking Alpha's vision be a more appropriate prognostication... as in:

Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now With Lyrics - Bing video

New Message
Please login to post a reply