Free
Message: Lithium Americas Reports 2021 Full Year and Fourth Quarter Results

I can't shine any light on your concerns, Jimmyll.  I don't have much factual to support my view. 

My opinion, and everybody has one, is that in consideration of the present political climate in the U.S. with all of the friction between the U.S. and China, now and for the immediate future, it would appear on the surface that any company with a perceived major Chinese influence in that company will experience administrative difficulties with proposed projects here in the U.S.

My perception may not bear out in practice and it might not serve as a genuine obstacle in the minds of a Board of Directors, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was conceived as a detriment by any North American company BOD to completing new projects here.

I don't think that in the short run political ties are going to strenghthen between the two countries, especially in consideration of President Xi's stated commitment of bringing Taiwan back into the control of the mainland and the commitment of the U.S. to see that restructuring of the political status in Asia does not occur.

I believe Jon Evans has taken that situation into considerable review as it relates to LAC's relationship to Ganfeng Lithium Ltd in Argentina and concluded that the best way to proceed is for LAC to separate its Argentina operations from those proposed here in the U.S.

That is my very simplistic view on the why and the wherefore.  I could easily be wrong.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply