Free
Message: Lithium Americas Reports 2021 Full Year and Fourth Quarter Results

I'm the first to admit that I know literally nothing about splitting off a part of a company, but I do have full faith in Evans and team and beieve that he/they know what they're doing. Others have mentioned some potential reasons for the split, including distancing TP from Ganfeng and qualifying for favorable government loans, but they may also see advantages of scale as they prepare for growth in the future. And because we don't know a lot about the split, it may even turn out to be a situation where LAC becomes a true multinational company with a structure of something like Royal Caribbean Group, for example, where you have the Group controlling the "independent" Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea brands. 

I'm not concerned with who will be managing which asset because, again, I trust current management and trust that as they grow they will acquire the best new managers. Finally, with respect to which asset I will own moving forward, that will present an interesting decision point when we get there, but by then I'll be a lot richer lol. 

I don't mean to be flippant but I only see opportunity here and some fun decision making regarding what to do with at least two smaller winners as opposed to one bigger winner.

New Message
Please login to post a reply