Free

Pavel - I think you are directing this question towards me. 

I use E-Trade and yes they require 100% cash for LAC options trading, so no margin available. I imagine but don't know if this 100% margin requirement is true with all other platforms. Other securities have different margin requirements. TSLA has 40% max as long as I can recall but can change without notice, not likely to change but it's E-trade's discretion. 

I'm not certain I understand you when you say "fully loaded". Do you mean if the contracts were exercised and you now own the share? And then your strategy would be to start selling calls on the securities you own? There is nothing wrong with that strategy to use selling puts to generate cash to acquire shares and/or sell more puts then take in additional premium on the shares you may choose to own via exercised puts. The details within this strategy can make all the difference. 

Using a broker would not be my first choice as it's very difficult, if not impossible to maximize options strategies.  

I'm concerned this options-related discussion is deviating from to LAC topic. Is it best to move to off topic forum? Let me know if you want my further input and I can continue in the off topic or PM if you desire. I think there are better ideas than your second paragraph. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply