Free
Cal
Mar 30, 2022 07:15PM

Hi Cal,

I know, I don’t have to defend my, from today point of view quite silly, move with selling those calls. Just for the sake of “lesson learned”, here is my  case: During those “visits” of $24 price points, I have bought few shares of LAC. I wish, I could say it was around $24, it wasn’t ($28 actually, I really have to pay more attention to your crystal ball readings). I bought it on margin and OF COURSE, I was greedy and have not sold them during peak. So this time, I sold calls against them to make sure, that I will.  Of course today, it would be better not to, but everyone can be smarter after the fact :-).

But here comes my speculation: – my broker does not sell shares but I was told it only opens a short position against my shares. So the dark side of myself is hoping, that at around $40, someone will push the button and “calls my calls”, it will trigger a short LAC position on my account and with bit of luck, Putin will arrange a minor pullback on Monday and I will close the short position few bucks below $37.

Well, that is the plan, I am sure that with recent government proclamations, this may not work, but it is still too early to throw the towel :-). And over the weekend, I will move the “option trading debate” to Off topics as it is more speculation than investing. Cheers

Apr 02, 2022 02:49AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply