Free
Message: Re: Congressional Western Caucus with Lac CEO Jon Evans (: L 2

Jindalee is not finding the same quality in Oregon but still good. I hear but don't know fore sure that Oregon is not a fan of open-pit mines. This could just be gossip. People can get on google earth to get a better feel of the size of the Nevada side. The State of Oregon is much more difficult to work with. If you're not familiar with Google Earth there is an elevation on the bottom right of the screen. As you move North the elevation changes 500-1,000 ft. higher. The reason LAC picked this Southern area was in part for the lower elevation, close proximity to the road, and power. The lithium asset layer under the current Phase I and II are much deeper than the water table. As you move north there will be a much greater depth to the water table. This caldera is a very large area. There is enough lithium for 500 years and now reason to be dealing with the Oregon side of the caldera. There are many mines in more remote more difficult areas in Nevada. These are mostly Gold/Silver mines. I'm sure once they finally get Phase I started and have a track record we will be hearing of expansions. If they have the money and they do for now then Phase III will be inevitable. The people in the area will get used to the activity. I would like to see rail from here to I-80 rail but this is an entirely different can of worms. I was doing some research a while back on the RR right of ways. To get the large trucks off the highway and the cost savings of rail once in place would be wonderful. I would imagine they will need to be doing 120 tons or more to make this feasible. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply