Free

And I'll just add my two cents as well. Notwithstanding Cal's impressive track record of anticipating price movements, I too tend to be a bit more optimistic. If there were only one upcoming catalyst, Judge Du's decision, I believe we would see SP trend up in September in anticipation of a positive judgement. But there is not just one catalyst. Yes, news about construction completion and the start of commissioning will be coming out of Cauchari, but we'll also have the DFS around the time of Du's decision. I think we'll need to wait for LAC's decision on separating TP from the rest of the company before we get partnering news. I believe LAC's North American partner will not want exposure to Ganfeng in any way and so their relationship with LAC might not be announced until after the separation. We may start getting more news on the possible separation over the summer, and I think this will be a big deal.

We could imagine by early next year two companies - one encompassing South American operations (Cauchari, Pastos Grandes and Arena's project, with Cauchari producing and not having to worry about dilution due to TP), and one encompassing North American operations (TP primarily but also GT1 and any projects that come out of that relationship, not encumbered by any ties to China as LAC contributes to the highly publicized North American supply chain). 

This could be a classic example of where the sum of two parts is greater than the whole.

New Message
Please login to post a reply